Annoying neighbour

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Heather B
New Cat Chatter

Annoying neighbour

Post by Heather B »

Three years ago we moved house, (our new address only being a couple of streets away). Since then our cat has continued to go back to our previous neighbours house where he is fed and even has the option to have a snooze inside. For this whole three years we have continued to ask our previous neighbour to stop feeding our cat and stop letting him inside his house. All requests have been ignored.
We have kept our cat inside for long periods of time and he has, for certain lengths of time, stayed with us but as cats do he wonders back on his old routes and is then taught that he will be fed and have shelter if he needs it. When he is home, he isn't stressed out, he seems perfectly happy.
I have been to his house countless times to go get our cat and I literally don't know what to do about this situation. I am determined to not give up on my cat but now after all this time the situation is really stressing me out. We have been nothing but nice to our old neighbour but he just will not listen. What can i do about it??
Also this isn't the first cat he has done this with. When we moved into our old address, our neighbour already had two cats living there, both of which were NOT originally his. Since knowing him he has taken in four cats, not including our own.
We are now even considering rehoming our cat, somewhere away from both our addresses because I just can't risk him crossing the two busy roads he has to in order to get to our old address. I will be absolutely devastated if we have to rehome
MarySkater
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Annoying neighbour

Post by MarySkater »

Can you make an enclosure for him in your garden, so that he can't roam?