Foxes, Fleas and dirts.

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Gillian
Returning Cat Chatter

Foxes, Fleas and dirts.

Post by Gillian »

hi there, its been a while since I was last on here, you ladies helped me with my grief over my Siamese Cristal. since then another of my cats Molly was killed by said fox. so understandly I was a tad overwhelmed. Im anti hunting by I swore I would shoot that damn fox in my garden if i had to. Losing one baby was bad enough but a another two months later..well you can imagine how I've been.

Anyway, one of the three boys that are left has fleas, and loads of dirts. I've shaved him today (thankfully he is deaf and cant hear the noise bless him) I am grooming him every day but he still feels really 'gritty' with all the dirts.

He (Simba) has a flea collar and has had the Spot ON flea treatment. Is there anything I can do to brush the dirts out.

I was thinking some kind of talc and then a good brush but Im not sure thats going to do him any good.

Failing that, can i bath a cat without being scratched to bits?

Suggestion please ladies. (and gents)

Thank you
Gillian
joolie75
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Foxes, Fleas and dirts.

Post by joolie75 »

Hi
I would suggest a vet visit. Sometimes you just cannot get on top of the flea problem. For as many as you kill, twice as many are in the carpet waiting to hitch a ride....they lay eggs, before they die from your treatment...but those eggs hatch and the cycle continues

I had this problem. It was 3 months, and vet visits, before we finally won the war.
The vet gave our cat a Program injection. This injenction does not kill the fleas, but makes them sterile. Thus, we stopped the cycle.
Then we had frontline spray (not spot on). We spray Moogle and he cries like we are torturing him...but we then rubbed it in (rubber gloves) and as he is a sucker for a stroke and scratch, we are soon forgiven.
Then the house - you must treat the house. Carpets, curtains and stone/tile/lino. We got a house spray from the vet also. We had 3 cans in total. Spray it everywhere. I mean everywhere....all corners, all floors (even stone), and anything within cat area...so we sprayed our shoes that sat in the corner, blankets, airing cupboard...

Those fleas rued the day they ever came in our house....and we believe it was from the hedgehog or fox that frequented our garden at the time.....
Gillian
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Foxes, Fleas and dirts.

Post by Gillian »

thank you for your help. I have been spraying the house, and he has been to the veets, he's going again tomorrow for something else but I'll ask about the programe that you rub in.

thanks
Gillian