Anything to soothe a sore spot?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
sunnyme_123
Frequent Cat Chatter

Anything to soothe a sore spot?

Post by sunnyme_123 »

Hi everyone,

I took my cat, Twiggy, to the vet last Wednesday, just for her booster vaccination, and while we were there she had a flea treatment and worming tablet that the vet administered.

Since then, she has a small bald patch by her shoulders, where she has obviously been scratching, and it just looks sore.
I may well need to take her back to the vet for this, but that can't happen till Monday at the earliest... is there anything I can do to help soothe it in the meantime?

I'm wondering if it's a slight reaction to the flea treatment, because it is very close to the area that was applied. I'm sure she doesn't and hasn't had fleas, because if ever she has them they tend to bite me too because she spends so much time on my lap!!

Thanks in advance.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Anything to soothe a sore spot?

Post by fjm »

Pippin gets this reaction to spot on flea treatments and to surgical spirit. The best thing I have found to treat it is HyperCal ointment (ointment rather than cream). It is safe for cats - I checked with a vet - and is available from Weleda as Hypercal Wound Salve. It is stocked quite widely, or is available online.

I now get Pippin the Program 6-month injectable when he needs a flea treatment - he has been fine with that.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Anything to soothe a sore spot?

Post by Kay »

if the bald spot is where the booster was given, the reaction could be to that - Tiffany got a bald scabby patch following boosters and each year it grew bigger, so had to stop them eventually