ADVICE NEEDED FOR OUTSIDE CAT

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Sgallagher
New Cat Chatter

ADVICE NEEDED FOR OUTSIDE CAT

Post by Sgallagher »

Hi There

Ive recently moved back home with my two cats, however we are unable to have them inside. Since being back - which is only 3 weeks, one of my cats has gone missing :( with no sight in over a week. In my old home they used to spend time in and out at their own will, however now ive had to set up the garden shed with a bed and a cat flap to keep them in. I've made sure they have thermal reflective blankets and that the bed is raised. Is it okay for them to sleep in a shed? As its getting cold i am looking at getting a tube heater to put above the bed to ensure it doesn't get too cold.
The problem is, my remaining cat was more indoors than the other, and i think that she is finding it difficult adjusting to life out doors, she is 3 years old neutered and i also believe she is now lonely that her son has now gone (my missing cat) as she spends alot of time at the back door in hope to get in.
She is now bothering my neighbours meowing at their door trying to get in. I really need advise on if i should keep her and get a heater for the shed, or if I should find her a new home (which will break my heart) any suggestions welcome as I am really unsure on what do to!

Thank you
Sniper1
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 18

Re: ADVICE NEEDED FOR OUTSIDE CAT

Post by Sniper1 »

Hi and welcome outdoor cats can work with the accommodation and consideration you've given but only really if its their preference for s cat who likes warmth company comfort and interaction it rarely works and the cat will vote with their feet and re locate itself so personally my advice is find her a good permanent new home for her own sake however upsetting that may be but please ensure you vet all potential homes thoroughly
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Janey »

I agree with previous reply. It’s only fair on your cat to find her a new home where she can be inside with her humans now, as she’s missing that as well as her mate. Would it also be possible to have her indoors until a home is found, and in case you find your other cat - so they can be homed together?

These links should help:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-m ... lost-found
https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith »

Can you tell us why the cats can no longer come into their house?