Worming / Fleaing Feral

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Red wine lady
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Worming / Fleaing Feral

Post by Red wine lady »

Hello all, it’s been a while. My large handsome boy Oscar, is still happy, fat and spoiled...hope all your furries babies are in fine heath too.

My question is regarding a feral / barn cat that I have now started to feed. There are some barns about a mile a way from me, where some people keep their horses...the guy who owes the buildings had stopped coming down as he is unwell and he was got rid of his livestock...however there is a cat. I’ve asked the girls who have their horses and they said the cat is there to keep the rat population down and they give it tuna now and then.

Anyhow animal rescue can’t rehome it, so I’ve named him Brian. I think he is a neutered boy, only because there has been no kittens this year...but I could be wrong.

I need advice...I decided to flea him and I bought frontline spot on, and he was happy for me to apply. I have also bought Dronspot as this is applied to the back on the neck and it’s for round and tapeworm. How long do I leave before I can worm after I’ve done the flea treatment ? The poor thing is constantly hungry (4 Felix a day up to now) so he must be riddled. I’ve bought some vitimans. Can I do anything else to make his life more comfortable ?.
Sniper1
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 18

Re: Worming / Fleaing Feral

Post by Sniper1 »

Hi you can apply the spot on wormer anytime as it does not react with the front line he should be fine then with regular feeding but will eat a lot being outdoors cat in the cold weather as long as he has shelter in the barns he shouldn't need anything else and thanks for looking out for him I would continue with a regular plan for flea and worm treatment if you can
Red wine lady
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Worming / Fleaing Feral

Post by Red wine lady »

Brilliant,I will flea him monthly and worm him every 3 months...he is not the most attractive cat in the world, however he always seems very happy to see me.

Update...I’ve just wormed him...i’m A 50 year old woman, walking through woodland with my torch, in the dark to feed a stray cat...bonkers. However, I’m in love x