Is VetIQ urinary care paste any good?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Is VetIQ urinary care paste any good?

Post by Catfan5 »

My cat Beaker’s urine test results came back today and nothing has changed, still off the scale concentrated and struvite crystals still as bad. As he won’t eat the the diet wet food, hills c/d, Ive been adding extra water to wet food, syringing water into his mouth, adding chicken broth to the water bowl but still the problem is there which is very worrying. I’ve seen online a product called VetIQ urinary care paste and wondering if anyone has used it for their cat? It says it helps to dissolve the crystals and help the bladder be more comfortable.
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Is VetIQ urinary care paste any good?

Post by Janey »

Poor Beaker. I don’t know anything about the product you mention unfortunately, although hopefully others will. But have you tried mixing his normal food with the prescription food if he doesn’t like it? Or even better, is there another food you could try because vets will try and sell you a particular brand which does get my goat a bit. I remember my vets trying to get me to get my cat on a Hills diet when she had a “tiny” bit of middle age spread and she certainly lost weight because she wouldn’t eat it! I didn’t keep her on it for sure. The other thing I wonder whether the stress of the new diet could be affecting the results?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

there's over 60 reviews on Amazon for this paste, which might be of use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VetIQ-Urinary- ... care+paste
Catfan5
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Catfan5 »

Hi Janey, I’ve tried mixing it with other food but he still won’t touch it, apart from Royal Canin I don’t know what else to try that would help reduce the crystals.
Kay, I have read some of the reviews on amazon but I also like to ask on the forum for opinions too.