Free to roam as he please to indoor only

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Weave
New Cat Chatter

Free to roam as he please to indoor only

Post by Weave »

I'm seeking some advice please. We gave an 11 year old Burmese nuetred male. Finn has always been free to come and go as he pleases. We live in NZ and he has always been safe. However, his best friend past away 2 years ago, our service dog, Woogie. And I don't think Finn has ever recovered. He sleeps in our double garage and just comes in to eat. We really miss him as he was a big part of our family. I'm struggling with making the right decision for him. I want to keep him inside and have him return to being with us all the time but is it to late? Would it be cruel after 11 years of freedom?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Free to roam as he please to indoor only

Post by Lilith »

Hi and welcome :)

Aww I once had a Finn - an elderly feral tom who adapted to indoor life, no problem, I called him the Golden Labrador, but I do feel that this has to be up to the cat and what the cat wants to do.

You could try closing the doors and keeping Finn in with a litter tray or several, but in the end it really does have to be what the cat decides ...

Or the cat will raise hell. You can't argue with a determined cat. :o :shock:

I hope he decides to stay with you though :)