Clicky teeth and red gums

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Blue Wind
Frequent Cat Chatter

Clicky teeth and red gums

Post by Blue Wind »

Our new kitten is around 6 months and is having problems with her teeth/mouth. Some of her gums are red and she is making a clicking sound, has been pawing with her feet, licking around her mouth and has some bad breath. She is eating, sometimes eats less than other days and is playing okay. I was told that she had some difficulties with teething a few weeks ago. I have had several kittens in the past and I have never experienced it with other cats. Will it resolve itself or is a trip to the vet in order?
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Clicky teeth and red gums

Post by Lilith »

I think she's still teething. You may notice loose smelly motions, and not in the right place either, but they regain their housetraining as they recover, eye haws (the inner eyelid) showing, and you may have to tempt her to eat, but unless she's really moping and off her food or obviously distressed, just love and cherish her out of it ... otherwise if distressed, drooling, listless, vet, obviously, but they usually survive without the vet - good luck!
Last edited by Lilith on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Clicky teeth and red gums

Post by fjm »

I think that I would take her to the vet, just in case. It may just be teething, or it could be an infection, in which case the sooner it is treated the better.