For those who feed their cats Felix, has anyone noticed that their cats have stopped eating it?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Catman123
New Cat Chatter

For those who feed their cats Felix, has anyone noticed that their cats have stopped eating it?

Post by Catman123 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:35 pm

We own two cats who used to love Felix and ate it without hesitation. However a couple of months ago they went off it completely. They take a sniff and then do not eat it. We were wondering if there has been a recipe change and if this is a trait that others have experienced in their cats.

Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: For those who feed their cats Felix, has anyone noticed that their cats have stopped eating it?

Post by Kay » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:40 pm

Where do you buy it from? I ask because Tiffany wouldn't eat Felix until I read that there is a different formulae for Europe, so I tried her on Felix AGAIL from Zooplus, and she eats every flavour, whilst one of the two strays I feed outside will only eat the Felix sold in UK supermarkets.

Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Re: For those who feed their cats Felix, has anyone noticed that their cats have stopped eating it?

Post by Jacks » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:30 am

No, no problem - although they get fussy if they have the same flavours all the time, so I change them every now and then. I have to admit they are spoilt and love the sprinkles on top that come with Felix Crunchies. They also love the Felix Sensations Sauces variety, so sometimes I share a sachet between them on top of their regular Felix as an additional treat... :roll:

Cats love being spoiled. Strays are never fussy, but they have a personality change when they've got all four paws firmly under the table.. :lol:

Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by Mayday21 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 am

I’ve been giving the Famous Five from Oz the beef, chicken & salmon as well as chicken & turkey. So far so good. Haven’t tried the Sensation Sauces. They get fresh meat & chicken necks at the weekend.

Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:41 am

I think mine are both fussy and manipulative, their normal fare is Felix AGAIL, however every so often they start to turn their furry little noses up at it. At that point I normally end up buying a couple of boxes of something else, Gourmet Gold, Gourmet Pearl or even Asda's Tiger brand, all of which seem to go down well for a week or two then it's back to the Felix. This is the reason I end up with several half empty boxes of different cat food in the cupboard, fortunately it has a long shelf life and normally gets eaten before it goes off. i also start limiting their food more if they are leaving loads of it, instead of 2 pouches three times a day between the three of them, if half of what was put down at one meal is still there when i'm sorting out the next they only get one pouch that meal.

There are things that definitely effect their apatite, the temperature certainly does, they eat more when it's cold. I am however also starting to think that the air pressure changes might also effect them, then there is the phase of the moon, and the planetary conjunctions which might have an effect. Of course at the moment you also have to take in to account climate change and Brexit as everything seems to be effected by those two things at the moment.

vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by vanilla » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:31 pm

After reading comments from the experienced cat owners over the years, I now give my cats several brands of food to eat. I no longer stick to one brand of wet food due to them turning up their noses, should the recipe change. I have Felix AGAIL, Whiskas, Natures Menu Country Hunter, James Wellbeloved, Royal Canin, Gourmet and Lily's Kitchen. If they don't like a particular flavour I mix it with dry food and they eat it.

MichaelRen
New Cat Chatter

Post by MichaelRen » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 pm

My cat has started acting very picky around Whiskas lately. He's been eating it for 6 months now. I guess it's time to mix things up a little.

bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Mine used to love AGAIL, but just recently seem to have gone off it, starting with the lamb and salmon varieties. Just lately they lick off the gravy/jelly and leave everything else.

Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Lilith » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 pm

Hey Bobbys girl! How's things? So glad you're back! :D

Yeah mine often go off Felix; someone on here (I think it was Faerie Evenstar) said 'cats are neophiles' and the faddy little beggars do like a change ... when they stop eating the Felix I put down Sheba ... when they stop eating the Sheba I switch them to Felix again ... and they tuck in ... :lol: