multiple problems w/Fiona

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
fiona98632
New Cat Chatter

multiple problems w/Fiona

Post by fiona98632 »

Fiona is my medium haired tabby--calico....she is 10yrs old.....a few months back she started hissing at my 12yr old son and he doesn't do anything to her....all my son has to do is walk past her and she hisses at him :roll: ....she has also developed a MASSIVE dry skin problem this year.....she itches herself so much now that her entire body (head to tail, top to bottom) is covered in sores and they're not healing because she wont stop itching :oops: ....i put her on Benadryl for any allergy she could possibly have, i've been giving her olive oil baths for the dry skin....i dont know what else to do :roll: ....and last but worst of all, she has started peeing and pooping all over my house, beds, couches and she's been housebroke since she was a kitten and she has a clean litter box!!!!!!!! :twisted: something else, we give her food all throughout the day/night to try to put some weight on her but she is still skinny and she doesn't have worms--i check the litter box every time i take it out.....something else i neglected to mention, when i'm brushing/massaging the olive oil into her coat/skin, she pees on me.....one time she pooped on me :ugeek: .....ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH HER AND/OR WHAT TO DO ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS????????
greenkitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: multiple problems w/Fiona

Post by greenkitty »

She needs to see a vet, she's obviously a very stressed cat and you need to get some professional advice, the skin problems could be a number of things. I would also stop the olive oil as this could be further stressing her as it may be effecting her ability to groom herself properly. I also don't think Benadryl is safe to give cats so you should stop that and get her to the vet ASAP.
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Agree, get her to a vet straight away! The brushing is obviously irritating her sore skin and there are complex issues here - she needs to see the vet.
SarahT1 [PLLE]
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by SarahT1 [PLLE] »

Yes, please get your little girl to the vet. All these issues suggest some significant underlying problems which need professional help. Fusses to your precious girl.
elastu
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by elastu »

Welcome to CC.

Fiona must be feeling so uncomfortable, I agree that you should take her to the vets as soon as possible.

Please let us know how you get on.
meriad
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Post by meriad »

I agree; she sounds very very uncomfortable. Cats are experts at hiding pain and discomfort so for her to be this bad - it must be bad.

Please get Fiona to the vet asap for some skin scrapes and proper meds to help relieve her of her discomfort. She could have a flea, food or environmental allergy and that does need treatment. Benadryl alone won't do it

let us know how you get on