Recurring Fever in young cat.

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Recurring Fever in young cat.

Post by Grace56 »

I have a seven month old neutered male. About a month ago, I noticed he was lethargic and miserable. Still eating a little (wet and dry food) and drinking. Visit to vet and he had very high temperature and she suspected a dose of cat flu. So Bertie had antibiotic and anti inflammatory injections and antibiotic tablets.
Bertie responded very well and was back to his normal mischievous self in a day or two. However, shortly after finishing the meds, he went down AGAIN. So back to vet, again temp’ up so more antibiotics. And he’s been absolutely fine. But I’m positive he’s showing signs of going off again. :(
This time, it will be blood tests and all the other tests to see what’s going on with my poor little fella.
Has anyone else experience anything like this. If so, what was it and what was the prognosis. I’m worried sick about him.

Thanks everyone. :(
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Recurring Fever in young cat.

Post by Lilith »

Hey Grace! Great to see you back although sorry to see it's in sad circumstances.

Sorry I can't help but wanted to say hi, and hope there's good advice along soon. All the very best to you both and good luck. Love and hugs, Lil x
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

There are a few causes for high temps, I think the only option is bloods and see what that shows. Fingers crossed
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Thank you Booktigger and Lillith.
It’s nice to be back and seeing some of the names I remember.
Bertie seems ok at the moment and is charging around as a 7 month old kitten should do. :P

After my Dave was PTS a year last February, I decided to adopt again and I contacted the CPL and met brother and sister cats, Jonesy and Pickle. They came to me in March, seven weeks after Dave passed. I was still grieving for Dave but these two little beauties helped me enormously. Jonesy is a tuxedo and Pickle is a tortie. And they will be seven years old In July.

Then, last year, my sister’s friend found a heavily pregnant semi feral who gave birth in October. I wanted one of the boys, and Bertie came to me in January as a three month old. He is all black with a little white patch on his neck like a vicar. And he is so tall with a very looooooong tail. :lol: And very vocal.

I’ve had my ups and downs with them but I love all three of them dearly and wouldn’t be without them.

Best wishes to you all and your furry babies. 🐈🐾🐾🐈🐾🐾🐈🐾🐾 xxx
Mayday21
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by Mayday21 »

Hi Grace, sorry to read about Bertie’s issues. Agree with Desley & Lilith bloods a good idea. And hi ladies. Haven’t forgotten about the great folks here just that time gets away. Thankfully no issues with the Famous Five from Oz other than Snow & Pebbles still dislike ea other. Keep us posted on Bertie. Vivian & The Famous Five from Oz.