Is kittens face ok

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Berry
New Cat Chatter

Is kittens face ok

Post by Berry »

Hello all,

This kitten.decided to move into my house. I noticed it's face on either side of it's eyes has marks on it.

Any idea of that is normal, or what it is?

Thanks
Attachments
PSX_20190624_085251.jpg
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Is kittens face ok

Post by Ruth B »

I'm no expert on kittens and I am assuming you mean the marks either side of his nose by the eyes. My thought would be some type of eye infection causing a discharge.

I will also add that from the photo he doesn't look particularly old (that might just be the photo angle it is hard to tell), possibly he should still be with his Mum, but if something has happened to her then hopefully you are able to take care of him, or find some one that will. If you aren't willing or able to take on the responsibility then I would suggest contacting a local charity to find him help. If you are willing and able to help him then a trip to the vets is called for, if he has got an infection you don't want it to get any worse.

I would also suggest knocking on a few doors or putting up a poster somewhere just to ask if anyone has had a kitten escape, let them describe him as you don't want someone just saying they have in order to get a free kitten.
Berry
New Cat Chatter

Post by Berry »

I think it may have been dumped by someone.

Not a pet person and don't have the money to medically support it. So will keep it a few days to try and find an owner and if needed find somewhere to hand it in.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

If you aren't going to be keeping it I would suggest contacting a charity as soon as you can rather than leaving it a few days. It could be it has cat flu (not uncommon in kittens) which left untreated could cause the kitten to lose one or both eyes, the sooner a charity has it and can start treatment the better the chances of saving the kitten and its eyes. If you do find the owner you can always let them know where the kitten has gone to.

Thank you for taking care of it for how ever long you do.