Yumove - how fast to take effect?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Yumove - how fast to take effect?

Post by alanc »

Tilly has begun to show signs of arthritis (I have been expecting it for years) jumping up to places in stages where she used to bound up in one go. On my vets advice I have started to give her Yumove to ease the condition. Not had any problems with giving it to her - far from it, she aims for the part of her dinner with the powder on and eats it first! Does anyone have any experience of how quickly it starts to make a difference? I've been giving her one capsule a day for three days now, but there does not seem to be much improvement.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Yumove - how fast to take effect?

Post by booktigger »

Not used that one, but all the supplements I've used hsve required a leading dose (normally double) for a month before reducing to a maintenance dose.
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

I noticed a difference in Mouse I think it was in 4-5 days but of course they're all different. Good luck Tilly! :)
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

I obviously wrote too soon - Tilly has been jumping on and off my bed all night as though she was 5 years younger!
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Lilith »

Great stuff, attagirl Tilly! :D

Some years back Mousey did an in-depth survey of different ones -

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4976&p=36061&hilit=yumove#p36061

Nowadays she has green-lipped mussel powder two or three times a week; this is messier because it's loose, but very good value in the big tub from Zooplus (luckily I had a tiny scoop by me to measure out the right dose.) She's 17 now and can still get up on the windowsill via her armchair.
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

Thanks for that link, Lilith, gives me confidence that it will carry on working. I hadn't noticed the strong fishy smell, but that would explain why Tilly likes it so much!
alanc
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by alanc »

So I forgot to put the Yumove on her dinner tonight. She sniffed at her dinner and then looked up disgusted! So I hastily put it on and she scoffed away contentedly. Looks like a repeat order for the stuff will be on its way soon!