Elderly cat does not eat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Theonic
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Elderly cat does not eat

Post by Theonic »

Good morning. I thought my Angel was okay and she was for a while. After talking to the vet I was giving her 1/4 of the pill. I didn’t work and we went back to the half. She was okay and she kept eating her small portions. Now it has been three days that she is not well. She gives me the impression that it is very difficult for her to swallow. She is constantly lying all day and her appetite is not very good. I wonder if I have to try giving her 3/4.
Germaine
New Cat Chatter

Post by Germaine »

Please look into lactoferrin for gingivitis. It's been studied scientifically and I've had great success treating my 2 cats.
grumpymacknutt
New Cat Chatter

Post by grumpymacknutt »

TO Theonic.
I cant seem to contact you directly.
When we lived in Terseafanou,Larnaca district we took our 10 to 15 cats to MarieEleni, a vet of evzoia,[email protected]. She may well have moved so a search might prove fruitful.We brought 11 back in 2009 to Uk, we have 2 left now. Marie Elena, did all the rabies jabs and generally looked after them all.She operated on Billy and put a butterfly joint in his hip too. Lovely girl
grumpymacknutt
New Cat Chatter

Post by grumpymacknutt »

Hi Theonic, it,s a bit out of date now, but you said you hadn,t found a cat vet. We lived in Tersefanout and brought 11 back with us when we came back to UK. Our vet wa MariEleni of EVZOIA vet clinic in Larnaca, she did all our neutering, repairs on Billies hip and all the rabies jabs.

>
> Regarding the above. There was someone calling themselvrs THEONIC, who said
> they couldnt find a good cat vet in Cyprus. When I lived there I used this
> lovely Girl, MariEleni., so I left a message. I have just found address of
> the Vet I was referring to
>
> 89 Arch.Makariou III Ave,Fillanda Court
> Larnaca, Larnaca
> Telephone: 24822606
> Fax: 24822490
> Email: [email protected]
> Could you please pass this onVaughan
Best Wishes

we have two left of the 11 we brought home and my lovely Dusty moo is now 18and not eating anything. I am feeding her raw lambs liver, I know more than once a week is bad, but what else can I do, let her starve to death??