Kitten poo problems

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Meowfoys0wner
New Cat Chatter

Kitten poo problems

Post by Meowfoys0wner »

Hi,
I am a new kitten owner

I got Meowfoy 9 days ago at nearly 9 weeks old. And treated her with flea treatment straight away.

When she first came her poo was normal.
Then it got a little too soft
Took her for a health check at the vet after 3 days - vet said it could be stress and food. She recommended switching Meowfoy to Purina and gave us 2 pouches of gastrointestinal food

Since then sometimes her poo looks normal and other times it is completely runny and sometimes inbetween
Not sure what is going on.
She seems happy and healthy otherwise
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Kitten poo problems

Post by Lilith »

Hi there and welcome.

She might be teething; often happens around that age; the motions can be very smelly too - like burned rubber - ugh! They might also forget their housetraining temporarily; you might see the inner eyelid showing a little, and they might like a raw bone (never cooked) to mouth on - a raw chicken wing can be good. I once had some ghastly chairs with stainless steel frames; I found one little boy rubbing his mouth against them, because they were cool.

Most kittens sail through this phase and grow out of it. Of course runny motions can also be caused by change of home/feed/stress of change, which they will adjust to, and if in any doubt ring or visit your vet, especially if the motions are continually squirty/accompanied by vomiting/the kitten is off its food/has not been checked out/treated for worms. Any worries - vet, but at the moment she sounds to be going on okay if she's eating and in good spirits.

All the best with her - hope this helps and hopefully other people will be along with more advice too :)