Problem with new kitten

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Shealaroux
New Cat Chatter

Problem with new kitten

Post by Shealaroux »

So I'm new here. I have done all the required reading but forgive me if I make a mistake.

I adopted a kitten two weeks ago. I've had cats most of my life, all rescues. This is only my second kitten rescue. She had her vaccinations, a de-worming, and flea treatment at the shelter and is due for a rabies injection and spay in January.
She was fine for the first few days. Active, curious, 2nd day was using the cat box on her own. The first problem started on day 4 or 5. She started vomiting in several places around the house. She is a short hair white cat breed. No hairballs yet as she doesn't groom a lot yet. I have to wipe her butt after a poo. Mother must not have taught her. She was found alone I guess. But I digress... Took her to the vet who said she was over eating. Maybe an infection in the bowels so gave me antibiotics and said don't feed her too much and have a routine schedule. She will learn she isn't going to go without and build trust etc.

After the vet visit she's begun peeing in the living room! I went back to taking her to the box a few times a day like I did on day one. I now have to constantly watch her. Today is day 2 of the 2nd week now and she tried to pee twice in front of me in the bedroom after having taken her to the box several times today with no results. She finally went around 130 AM after my husband came home from work. But I had to force her to stay in the box till she did. It's 230 AM now and my husband just got her to poop. Now we see blood in her stool!

OK that's all I've got for now. Sorry about the long story. Any advice is appreciated.
angelaj
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Problem with new kitten

Post by angelaj »

Hello

If your cat is struggling to pee and has blood in their poop I would recommend a vet visit.

Is kitty eating well and having wet food?

I would rule out anything medical and then consider the inappropriate toileting advice on the cat chat website for some ides, https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-t ... ay-indoors