My baby went wobbly last night and was acting out of character

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Laura896
New Cat Chatter

My baby went wobbly last night and was acting out of character

Post by Laura896 »

Hi guys, I’m just looking to see if anyone has experienced similar or the same thing.

Last night my baby who’s 15 years was acting out of character; she started to wee a little on the bed which she has never done before and was holding her back leg in an odd position. After calling her name she went to the litter tray and was straining for a wee, she didn’t call out or anything but something seemed odd. She went to pop after but she fell sideways. We cleaned her up and she seems okay now but she’s very wobbly... she doesn’t seem in pain and she’s still being her usual self it was just these moments that happened within 10 minutes of each other.

Has anyone else seen this before? I’m keeping an eye on her overnight and if she’s still wobbly I’ll call the vet in the morning. She’s usually quite clumsy but never like this.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My baby went wobbly last night and was acting out of character

Post by Mollycat »

I would call the vet even if she does seem ok in the morning. Straining to pee (regardless of the wobbliness) wants prompt vet attention.
exlibris
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: My baby went wobbly last night and was acting out of character

Post by exlibris »

Hi Laura,
You must going through absolute hell. It painful to see your once agile feline being clumsy and confused. My Twitch got to about the same age and began to be confused and fell over. It might be neurological - has she exhibited any behaviour that seems odd, confused? Behaviour that has been slowly been building up for a while? Our old lady clearly had dementia, but the vet didn't catch it because only you see it as her owner, as you see her all the time and so notice the subtle differences. If what I say rings true, ask your vet for advice about this. I wish we had because we might have been able to adapt things for her.
I hope its nothing though. Fingers crossed.
Sarah.