Getting my Ginger Tom to come home

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Midnight
New Cat Chatter

Getting my Ginger Tom to come home

Post by Midnight »

I have recently adopted two kittens into our household where we already have a 10 year old female and 5 year old Tom both of whom are rescue cats. The girl has finally accepted the new additions but my Ginger boy has no interest and leaves as soon as he sees them. The kittens have their own room and after 4 weeks of separating them, using Feliway diffuser, mixing scents, giving him extra treats and attention and trying everything to introduce them gently I have a stubborn Tom who is anything but accepting. I am distraught that he is feeling pushed out and would appreciate any suggestions to get him home and happy with the little ones.
lilynmitz
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Getting my Ginger Tom to come home

Post by lilynmitz »

This really is a tough one. It sounds to me like he was prepared to share his space with one cat, but not with three, and particularly not two boistrous youngsters. All I can suggest is you could try keeping him in and making a huge fuss of him to reinforce his place in the heirarchy and to reassure him. It sounds like you're already going through the right steps, but a you may find a few good ideas on this link.

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/new-cat-introductions