Serious heart murmur in kitten

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Franlow
Returning Cat Chatter

Serious heart murmur in kitten

Post by Franlow »

I am about to foster a kitten with a serious heart murmur 5-6 according to the Vets where he was handed in as a stray. I am an experienced owner, but, usually adopt the golden oldies, of which I have 5. I have a large dog cage set up in the living room with bed, litter tray etc. he is coming home tomorrow. Some time after Christmas he will have the tests etc - it was supposed to happen today, but, the anaesthetist didn't get back to my Vet - Passey Place in Eltham SE9, and they didn't want to sedate him without advice first. I will be asking a great deal of questions tomorrow, obviously before I bring him home & I have been warned that he could well have a life limiting condition without surgery.
I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this kind of thing before and, is there anything I should shouldn't be doing? Obviously he will only come out for cuddles & very very light exercise. I know all my other old biddies will take little if any notice - apart from my Maine Coon, who adores kittens, but he is too big to go anywhere near him.
Ay advice would be gratefully received.
I would also like to ask, does anyone know the price of a heart scan - ultrasound at RVC, or Sandhole in Kent? Did your kitten have surgery & how much would I be looking at? All my other guys are insured, obviously I won't be able to insure him, so any fundraising advice /ideas would be nice as well.
Thanks
Fran