elevated liver enzymes

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Catauntie
New Cat Chatter

Re: elevated liver enzymes

Post by Catauntie »

Hey can someone help me
My bestfriend adopted a young cat ( 6 month old) from street , she was all good until this last week she started vomiting a lot multiple times a day and she is taking antibiotics but she didn’t get better she changed to only dry food but there was no change and then she changed to only wet food still no change , the blood test shows elevated lever enzyme ( her alp is 403 )
Can anyone help ? Doctors seem like they know nothing
mustafa811
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: elevated liver enzymes

Post by mustafa811 »

Catauntie wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:47 pm Hey can someone help me
My bestfriend adopted a young cat ( 6 month old) from street , she was all good until this last week she started vomiting a lot multiple times a day and she is taking antibiotics but she didn’t get better she changed to only dry food but there was no change and then she changed to only wet food still no change , the blood test shows elevated lever enzyme ( her alp is 403 )
Can anyone help ? Doctors seem like they know nothing
it might be the other way around , vomiting and not eating caused liver enzymes to elevate , cats are pretty sensitive to not eating for a day or two , they might develop a condition called hepatic lipidosis , so you need to do full labs trying to discover the real cause , abdominal x-ray , you need to assess dehydration level , and you also need to support her with parenteral nutrition as long as the vomiting continues till you figure the cause or she return to eating with no vomiting

hairballs , worms , diet change , gastroenteritis , poisoning , intestinal obstruction , cholangitis , that's all i could think of for a kitten .