What do y'all make of Kala's weird behavior when it comes to wet food?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

What do y'all make of Kala's weird behavior when it comes to wet food?

Post by Joe_Danger »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
I just wanted to ask what you guys make of Kala's behavior as of late, the vet doesn't think it's anything serious and neither do I but still, it wouldn't hurt to ask more people.

All three are doing great, tho Kala has been weird this about a month or, she constantly begs for wet food but won't eat it, normally she'd ask for wet food anywhere from 6PM-10PM or so and would eat a decent amount, for her standards, then stick to dry food from there on out. On the other hand her dry food intake is perfectly normal, after begging for wet food and not getting any she just goes and eats dry normally.

Her gums seem normal, she doesn't appear to be in any pain when chewing dry food either. Granted she's always been exceptionally picky about food, but even after trying many different wet foods she just doesn't seem to settle on anything anymore, she also likes to change locations when eating wet food a lot, then agian her mom does so too and now Casper picked up that habit as well after all these years.
Her nose was a bit stuffed up too, which I know can be an issue wit wet food but it's fine now so I dunno.

Come to think of it, Casper isn't too keen on eating wet food anymore either and he'd gulp the stuff down like it was going out of style until last month or so.
Weird
Also Kala is just as playful and active as ever :)

Here's some pics I took today of all 3!

A new video game arrived in the mail today and it came in a big box!
IMG_0391LR2.jpg
For new members or folks who don't remember them all
Casper is the white boy, Milla is the mom and the one to the right is Kala :)
IMG_0395LR2.jpg
IMG_0396LR2.jpg
Mama Milla managed to get in first! :D
IMG_0488LR2.jpg
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: What do y'all make of Kala's weird behavior when it comes to wet food?

Post by Ruth B »

It sounds to me like Kala is just suffering from a serious case of 'being a cat'. As long as she is eating enough of the dried food to keep her weight on and drinking enough water to compensate for lack of wet food i think she will be fine. Mine go on and off foods every so often, i just start putting less down for them, normally they get 2 pouches 3 times a day between the three of them, , if by the next meal time most of it is still there they only get one pouch, if it's gone they get two, what I rarely do is feed between meals except for a few treats, but there is always dried food available.

Beautiful photos of beautiful cats, and they do give the impression you were taking far too long getting everything out of the box so they could have it.

Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.