Cat is very ill and no doctor can find the reason

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Peanut 6
New Cat Chatter

Cat is very ill and no doctor can find the reason

Post by Peanut 6 »

Hi cat friends, i am very desperate because my cat hardly can walk anymore and it gets worse by the day. Everything began 8 month ago with our out door cat came back home with a very light limping. We thought it was nothing serious. After 2 months it got worse and we went to the vet. He did an x ray and it turned out the other leg,where he was not limping was broken. But the vet said it was an old fracture and the reason why he is limping was maybe arthritis. Again 2 months later his limping became worse and also his back leg seemed to be involved. We went to a different doctor who did blood work and again x ray. She said it was 100 percent arthritis and gave us painkillers and sublements. After 6 weeks absolutely no progress. We went to a different doctor who prescribed acupuncture and antibiotics. Nothing helped. Another doctor said it might be a blood parasite and gave another antibiotic. Nothing helped. Meanwhile our cat can hardly walk anymore. And is in big pain. A friend said it might be thrombosis from the fracture and cutting off the blood supply but the doctor says it almost impossible to diagnose this and it might be Toxoplasmose and wants to try another antibiotics. Does anybody has similar experiences with his cat? The cat is still eating and grooming himself. The blood shows that all organs are functioning. I dont know what to do.... It breaks my heart to the my cat suffering like this. Its like he slowly becomes paralized. Help!!
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Cat is very ill and no doctor can find the reason

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi, sorry to hear that your cat is unwell. Below is a link to some advice that may be useful for you:

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/disab ... adopt-care