My cat won't stop vomiting

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
jenniferalyse87
New Cat Chatter

My cat won't stop vomiting

Post by jenniferalyse87 »

I live in a recovery house and we have a stray cat that was taken in several years ago. She was hit by a car and is fixed. Anyways she's perfectly active and acts like any other normal brat of a cat. But she vomits all the time. She was taken to the vet for a check up and they suggested we feed her more wet food. She vomits that up too. It's become a problem. I don't allow her on my bed anymore bc I don't like coming home from work to vomit on my bed. I don't know what to do. Please help!
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My cat won't stop vomiting

Post by fjm »

I assume she has been wormed, and her health is otherwise good? Is it possible that she is simply being fed too much? A stray cat can feel the need to eat voraciously whenever food is available, and over eating can lead to vomiting. If everyone is helping to care for her it is possible that she is being fed more than her stomach can deal with, especially if she is gobbling dry kibble that swells inside her.

How long is her fur? Hairballs can look like vomit, and long haired cats can produce rather a lot...
Hipkit
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: My cat won't stop vomiting

Post by Hipkit »

A good home remedy for furball is to either mix a little olive oil into her usual food, or to buy her some tins of canned fish - in oil (not tomato juice). With the latter, give her half a tin at a time, including SOME, but not all, of the oil. Feed her two or three times per day.