Bleeding from my 1 week old kitten’s butt

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
brotal31
New Cat Chatter

Bleeding from my 1 week old kitten’s butt

Post by brotal31 »

About 4 days ago, we found a kitten that was abandoned by his mother and waited a couple hours to ensure that he was truly abandoned and his mother wasn’t just up the street. I have been bottle feeding him kitten formula and at first he wouldn’t take the bottle but he’s slowly lurking to suck on the bottle. Today, as i was stimulating the kitten to go pee/poo, i noticed on the wet napkin there was light bright red blood but wasn’t n a huge amount. he was pooping a tad bit during the process and then that’s when i realized after he pooped, there was blood coming from the anus. Please help! All the animal doctors and shelters around me are closed due to covid so i can’t get him looked at by a professional. Any information will help even if it’s just tips on raising a kitten without a mother! This is my first time having a cat and i’m just really nervous and concerned. Thank you for any info, God bless.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Bleeding from my 1 week old kitten’s butt

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking care of this kitten. This link may be useful: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-r ... uk-ireland

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: [email protected]