6 week old kitten having diarrhea

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
kristenH
New Cat Chatter

6 week old kitten having diarrhea

Post by kristenH »

Yesterday I took in a 6 week old male kitten who's mother wasn't feeding it he was also the runt of her litter ... I'm currently not able to take him to the vet .. last night he had white diarrhea.. I did some research online and learned it can kill him . I tried to chat with several vets online but they all end up costing money .. I need to know if there is anything I can do for him over the counter .. Please help as soon as possible

Thanks

Most of what I read on line makes it sound like he has parasites .
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: 6 week old kitten having diarrhea

Post by Mollycat »

It's very possible the mother has rejected this kitten because he has life-threatening issues. Animals do that - nature is tough I'm afraid.

If there was an easy and cheap way to get rid of gut infections and parasites we'd all be on it. Even plain brown diarrhoea in a kitten that young quickly becomes life-threatening. If you believe your kitten is infected with parasites he needs to be seen by a vet, not just advice on the internet from a vet or anyone else.

What have you fed him on? Is he on milk? Cow's milk could cause diarrhoea. Is he eating any solid food?
kristenH
New Cat Chatter

Post by kristenH »

He ate wet kitten food yesterday .. I understand a vet is what he needs but I'm not able to do that right now so I'm trying to look around for alternative answers . I'm hoping there is something I can buy over the counter or anything I can try
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

These guys might be worth a try, mail order, but established and run by vets https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/
It is so difficult at the moment, a friend of mine had to have a pet put to sleep but the last she saw of it was handing over the pet carrier through the car window. As if these times weren't hard enough already.