Recurrent UTI

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bethg
New Cat Chatter

Recurrent UTI

Post by bethg »

I’ve had my cat for a couple of months now, and she has been fine with using the litter tray.
However about two weeks ago, she urinated some blood and was displaying all the symptoms of a UTI. I spoke to the vet who prescribed antibiotics and an anti inflammatory. She was still showing symptoms after six days so they did a urine test, which tested positive for cystitis (no crystals etc). The next day it seemed to have gone, no urinating on bedding, no dripping of urine where she had been sat. However it came back mildly, and now she is having a day of not having any issues at all, then the next day weeing on bedding or on a cushion etc.
She used the litter tray the one day and cried whilst using it which she hadn’t done previously, then after that there seemed to be a huge improvement, but today she urinated on bedding again and has been meowing to get my attention a lot. I am giving her Cystese once a day as well. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and discovered what the problem was?
Thanks!
vanilla
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Recurrent UTI

Post by vanilla »

Hi and welcome!

Many factors for UTI. It could be stress? How old is she? Does your cat eat wet or dry food? Make sure she gets plenty of water if on dry food or switch to wet to see if that helps.