Deaf Cat living with Other Cats

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
kelliehunt
New Cat Chatter

Deaf Cat living with Other Cats

Post by kelliehunt »

November 2019 we rescued a deaf cat (Marshall). We have 4 others - at first it was the usual hiss, run, "i don't know you". But over the months it's gotten worse. Marshall is quite aggressive, and now the other cats fear him, (all but one - his actual littermate). One of my cats is so stressed I actually took him to the vet, because I thought he had a UTI. Turns out his issue is that he is anxious and stressed. They never hid before, now all they do is hide under beds, hiss and howl if Marshall comes near them. We have several litterboxes , food and water around the house, but I hate leaving doors closed and trying to separate them just to keep Marshall away. And when I do they try to get out anyway, because they don't want to be trapped. I thought it would get better...but it seems to be getting worse. Some advise please!!!
Mydeafcat
New Cat Chatter

Re: Deaf Cat living with Other Cats

Post by Mydeafcat »

Hi there! I don’t have an answer, but I have the exact same problem. I am not sure what to do, but we do keep ours separate for now while we work on it. I don’t want anyone to get hurt.