Cat having problems?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Archer97
New Cat Chatter

Cat having problems?

Post by Archer97 »

Hi! I was wondering if any of you lovely people could give me some advice :)
I’m worried about my cat and my usual vet is closed due to the COVID-19 situation. Not sure what to do!

She is 6 years old, spayed, and generally healthy! She seems as happy as ever, always purring.

However, she is a moggy but she is very very fluffy her fur is really fine but there’s a lot of it! And she’s been fine with us just brushing her until the last few days she has been gagging almost constantly, like every 30-60 seconds she gags. And she has stopped cleaning herself at all, and she is eating like she has never been fed but making horrible retching/coughing noises every so often when she eats. She has not had a hairball or thrown up. She just gags.

Should I be worried or is this just me getting paranoid about my cat having a hairball? :lol:
Ugliegirlie
New Cat Chatter

Re: Cat having problems?

Post by Ugliegirlie »

Have you tried a hairball paste already? I bought Hartz brand at walmart and it helped. I'd start there. If it doesn't help it could be a number of things. Could be a food sensitivity or parasites.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat having problems?

Post by Mollycat »

Can you get an online consultation with your vet? I would be concerned, this doesn't sound normal even for a hairball.