8 week kitten

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
gcparks2000
New Cat Chatter

8 week kitten

Post by gcparks2000 »

Got two kittens on Saturday that are 8 weeks old but one of them still hasn't been to poop. Is there anything I can do to help him as getting abit worried now.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: 8 week kitten

Post by Mollycat »

As he is still a bit young you could try gently massaging near his bottom area after he has eaten, mothers wash them to stimulate the bowel when they are very tiny and hand reared very young kittens have to be helped. Not sure until what age but worth a try.
Kelly77
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: 8 week kitten

Post by Kelly77 »

I also agree that massaging near his bottom area is a good idea. I also have a kitten, and sometimes she has the same troubles. We went to the vet, and he said that it's a typical situation for kittens, but if it happens to often, something may be wrong. But don't worry, try the massage, and I hope it will help. Are those kittens your first ones ever? It's harder to raise a kitten than buying a grown-up cat, but it's also more enjoyable. Here is one article https://thepets.net/raising-a-kitten/ about raising a kitten, where there is a lot of useful info. Sometimes, it helps me because I'm the owner of a kitten for the first time, and maybe it will help you somehow.