What is wrong with my kitten SERIOUSLY??!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Plo
New Cat Chatter

What is wrong with my kitten SERIOUSLY??!

Post by Plo »

So just based on this video could you tell me what is wrong with my kitten? Why is she eating like this all of a sudden? Jutting her head up out of her bowl after every bite? She hasorried that she had diarrhea for a week straight and most of her hair is falling out the last 2 days, PLEASE HELP! :( m so w

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu ... 2asQ4HIuE0

UPDATE 2 DAYS LATER

It's like she has become a zombie or something. This is ALL she does now. For hours and hours untill she just slows down and twitches in the same pattern. Ishe will seemingly stare off into the distance alerted by something that doesn't exist. All the while not responding what do ever to actual stimulation. Her eyes are completely black from pupil dialation. I am crying my eyes out trying to arrange a ride to see a doctor.!!!?

PART 1
https://youtu.be/5UJjLVwnQNU

PART 2
https://youtu.be/47XgqwIG_v0

PART 3
https://youtu.be/xvlVJ6BI-Zc

PLEASE PRAY FOR BABY MCNAB[
attachment=0]20200616_171002.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Mcnab 2 weeks ago
Mcnab 2 weeks ago
Last edited by Plo on Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: What is wrong with my kitten SERIOUSLY??!

Post by Ruth B »

A couple of things come to mind. She doesn't look very old, how long has she been weaned for, it could be she is still learning the best way to eat solid food. I would however suggest you have her vet checked to make sure all her teeth are fine, if she has teeth still coming through that might be giving her some problems. Secondly the problems seems worst when she is trying to reach the far side of the bowl, the bowl seems quite deep and when her head is stretched out it seems to me that her neck is pressing on the rim of the bowl, possibly giving her problems swallowing, it might be worth getting an old plate or saucer for her to eat off to start with and see if that helps her.
Plo
New Cat Chatter

Post by Plo »

Her change in eating is sudden she used to have no problem keeping her head in her bowl and sitting in a better posture. She is only 8 weeks old, and had no problem eating chicken and other solid foods.
Plo
New Cat Chatter

Post by Plo »

Today she seems to have some sort of neurological problem. She is compulsively 'sniffing' the ground back and forth left to right and sort of crawling in a circle. But like how a zombie would crawl.. her pupils are completely dialated and she is meowing constantly in this sort of lower pitched gurgling.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

I think your kitten needs to see the vet, can you get a skype appointment with them?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

She definitely needs to see a vet, diarrhoea can be deadly in such a young kitten, especially one taken from their mum too young. It can cause neurological type issues due to an electrolyte imbalance. Fur loss isn't normal with diarrhoea, but also not a good sign, what is her background? Has she been flead and wormed, as fleas can also cause fur loss and neurological problems but can also be deadly in such a young kitten
Last edited by booktigger on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

I have to agree with the others in light of what you have said after my first response, she needs to see a vet urgently, it sounds like she is deteriorating quickly. I hope you can find out what is wrong and it can be cured quickly.
Plo
New Cat Chatter

Post by Plo »

SHE WONT STOP it's progressed even further. Not to eat , not to drink or anything. She doesn't respond to ANYTHING, not sound sight, or touch, even trying to restrain her just makes her groan in this alien like growl while continuing to move in the direction she is going. I am linking the videos of what she was acting like last night but just know it's somehow getting worse! Almost all of hair has fallen out over night. I am having my boyfriend rush me to the vet emergency room!!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Best wishes to you both and little kitten, we're rooting for her.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Ruth B »

Keeping everything crossed that she will be alright.

Let us know what happens.
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joe_Danger »

I'm so sorry to hear this, I understand the horror you are going through right now.
It could just be the diarrhea and the kitten might just need a few IVs or it could end badly, anything can happen to a small kitten like this, sometimes this stuff happens and its my biggest fear with little kittens, that's why if possible I try to adopt them at around 4 months tho in my country most are being given out at a month and a half or two which is too early and underlying issues could present themselves.

I'm sorry I'm not very good at saying the right stuff in situations like this I just want you to know that anything you feel, all the stress, all the sadness and fear is perfectly normal and not an overreaction as people who aren't very attached to animals might think.

Whatever happens, however this turns out PLEASE do NOT blame yourself, this is very important to know, bad stuff happens sometimes, it's terrifying and all but never blame yourself because I know we feel that way during times like this.