Getting Broadline onto the hide vs. the fur

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Felis-Felidae
Frequent Cat Chatter

Getting Broadline onto the hide vs. the fur

Post by Felis-Felidae »

This is a question for those with cats who have very dense coats and undercoats. Do any of you have tips for ensuring Broadline gets on the hide instead of the fur?

The cat in question is small (2.6kg) and a Russian Blue. Even among my Russian Blues, her undercoat is a little... ridiculous, lol. Whenever I apply a spot-on treatment, I always end up with an annoying oil slick of fur on the back of her neck that seems to me as though most of the treatment is on her bloody fur instead of the actual skin.

How do the rest of you deal with it, please? Anything that might help?
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Getting Broadline onto the hide vs. the fur

Post by Kay »

I treated a very timid cat while he was asleep by parting his fur with a back scratcher

something like this, for example https://www.amazon.co.uk/Scratcher-Hand ... 02&sr=8-19
Felis-Felidae
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Felis-Felidae »

Not a bad idea -- I'm not sure if it will work on her undercoat, but I'll try to get one of those nonetheless. Thank you for the tip, Kay!
Sniper1
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 18

Post by Sniper1 »

Find it much easier with two people one to hold the cat while the other parts some fur and can keep it parted to apply the spot on sometimes we put it on two separate spots to avoid so much on fur which seems to be wasted but it can take a fair bit of fiddling around to get a good patch of skin exposed not always easy if the cat is not the most placid
Felis-Felidae
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Felis-Felidae »

Sniper1 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 pm Find it much easier with two people one to hold the cat while the other parts some fur and can keep it parted to apply the spot on sometimes we put it on two separate spots to avoid so much on fur which seems to be wasted but it can take a fair bit of fiddling around to get a good patch of skin exposed not always easy if the cat is not the most placid
Yes, I might draft someone to help me with the fur parting too. :) Keeping the cat still isn't an issue: I've trained her to stay put when I say "Wait". It's really just the fur that gives me a migraine.

If you don't mind a follow-up query, may I know where you apply it on yours? I ask since you mentioned 2 separate spots.