Cat vomiting CLEAR liquid (sometimes with hair, sometimes without) 3 times in 5 days...

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Wadi16
New Cat Chatter

Cat vomiting CLEAR liquid (sometimes with hair, sometimes without) 3 times in 5 days...

Post by Wadi16 »

Hi all,

2nd post on this forum.

My cat has an issue whereby he would vomit brown liquid and hairballs every week like clockwork when waking up and was put on a hydrolysed diet...

Well once week has passed since he was completely weaned off his diet and out onto the prescribed hydrolysed diet 100%.

Since then he has vomited clear liquid 3 times in 5 days - sometimes it has a little hair, sometimes more, sometimes none at all. This happens when he wakes up after sleeping all night or after a nap.

the first 2 times it happened he woke up after sleeping through the night and it happened first thing in the morning, but today it happened after a nap.

I'd like to point out it started 2 days after his diet changed over and today it happened when he slept through more of the morning than usual and ate later.

I read somewhere that cats can vomit clear liquid if they have not been fed in a while or if their diet changes. He has been eating less as he's not a fan of it and since we got him onto 100% of his new diet he has vomited more. I'm not sure if this could be that? or if it is indeed hairball related.

Would be great to get your opinions!