Sphynx neuter possible complication?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
bellemelto
New Cat Chatter

Sphynx neuter possible complication?

Post by bellemelto »

I just adopted a retired breeder Sphynx a couple days ago and he was neutered about a week ago. I am concerned however with his balls. He has one very swollen one and he tries to lick it constantly. It is Sunday so I am unable to take him to the vet yet. Should I take him to the emergency one? Is this a cause for concern?
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Sphynx neuter possible complication?

Post by Ruth B »

Possibly the wound has become infected, if you haven't already I would suggest that you take him to your vets as soon as you can. If you are still concerned and can't get to your normal vets, you might want to take a photo and contact an emergency vet by phone to see what they think.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Sphynx neuter possible complication?

Post by Mollycat »

Difficult to say over the internet but I would agree, if you're concerned speak to the vet.

Must say I'm surprised a breeder sent him to his new home just a few days after neutering, seems a lot for the poor lad to handle surgery and a whole new place and people all in one go like that. Did your new vet ask for his old vet's contact details? Do you even have his old vet's details?