Cat acting weird

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
smog
New Cat Chatter

Cat acting weird

Post by smog »

A few months back, soon after moving to my old house, he suddenly started running around and stopping for a brief period, the running again, his ears were twitching, he was breathing heavily and linking himself "violently", this stopped after a few minutes.

Now, in the las few days this has happened again twice, and now when he wants to go outside, as soon a car passes by he runs inside and starts the same behaviour for a few seconds.

Any idea of what might be going on with him?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat acting weird

Post by fjm »

Could the running be a startle response, and the licking displacement activity? Both would then imply a reaction to something that has briefly worried him. Another possibility would be a sudden insect bite or sting, perhaps now associated with the noise of traffic, or perhaps purely coincidental?
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat acting weird

Post by Mollycat »

Sounds to me like the classic "rips" or "zoomies" are you sure he never did this before? My Molly does exactly this, but add climbing up her scratch poles and yowling. Just to let off some surplus energy. If it's been since soon after the house move, maybe it's only started now as he settles in and releases the stress from the move and a new home?