sick old blind bestfriend

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
findingmyway
New Cat Chatter

sick old blind bestfriend

Post by findingmyway »

Bailey is an 18 year old Persian cat that I love desperately. I got him when he was a tiny 6 week old kittenl. For some reason he has always been mean. He bites a lot so I never let anyone touch him but I still love him even in spiten of it.

About 6 years ago I found out he was in renal failure being treated with prescription food. 2 years ago he became blind from old age.

When I wasn't packing for vacation he knew something was up. He started howling all the time instead of coming to look for me like he has done in the past. I was gone for 9 days and my sitter said he constantly howled prob because he couldn't find me.

Ive been home for 2 weeks and he howls all night long unless I call out to him. Hes just not happy and I told myself I wouldn't hold on to him if he got sicker or seemed unhappy.

I don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated!
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: sick old blind bestfriend

Post by booktigger »

When did he last have bloods? Has he had his blood pressure checked? There are lots of reasons for this, he really needs to see a vet
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Grace56 »

Sometimes, our little friends become confused when they are in their twilight years, just like some humans, and they wake in the night and don't know where they are.
Bailey is looking for you I think, and calling out in his confusion. I had a cat who, when she was a senior citizen, would wake in the night and call out for reassurance, just like your little chap.
Yes, take him to the vet for a thorough check up and blood tests. Bailey is now at that time of his life when lots of love, fuss and attention, are what he needs as well; in return for a lifetime of unconditional love, friendship, and joy.

Best wishes to you and Bailey.
elastu
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by elastu »

Welcome to CC.

I would agree that a vet check with full bloods tested would be the best thing in the interests of your little one.

Please let us know how you get on.