Letting Cat Out

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
MooBoo92
New Cat Chatter

Letting Cat Out

Post by MooBoo92 »

Hi

We hav just moved to our new home 2weeks ago. We used to live just down the street (across the road and about 4 or 5 houses down).
We have 2 cats who have settled in really well and are confident in the home already.

I have been taking the most confident cat (who is normally always out doors) out in the garden daily, sometimes twice daily, on a harness. She has been fine and explored the garden. I have walked her around the front of the house and in through both doors just so she can get her bearings. She is desperate to be outside, often looking out of the windows and meowing at the door.
When I've had her out this morning she has wandered round and lay down in the grass and had a roll in the soil too. I feel like she is confident enough to go out again (she is around 11 years)

I'm wondering how long people who havent moved far have kept their cats in? Or how long people advise?

I feel lucky that we used to live down the street in my Mams house so at least if she goes back to her "old home" she will be with family and I can just go and collect her again.