Cat won't eat - HELP ASAP

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Wingedcross
Returning Cat Chatter

Cat won't eat - HELP ASAP

Post by Wingedcross »

Hello
About 2 days ago this little kitty just appeared out of nowhere in our parking.
She is nothing but skin and bones. she eats nothing, at all, she just walks around, barely moving, around the lot and drinks some water sometimes. we already have 6 cats but this little fella eats nothing. today I tried to feed her some tiny pieces of meat by hand, she did not eat, this is very concerning as she is getting weaker by the minute. today is Friday and the vets are closed in our city. I've tried searching online about why she won't even open her mouth for me to put the food in, got some suggestions about that maybe her smell senses are dulled, then I tried to place the food like stick it to her nose and mouth. unresponsive. here comes the terrifying part, I quickly put the piece of meat having the size of like an ant, in her mouth when she was licking her lips which I think was because of the smell, her head started to shake and I was just frozen out of fear. Please tell me what to asap, she is just degenerating..

Edit:spelling.
Last edited by Wingedcross on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Cat won't eat - HELP ASAP

Post by KittyWitty »

Take her to the vets NOW! She could easily die and it blows my mind that you haven't done that already since she hasn't ate in two days.
Wingedcross
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Wingedcross »

It's 1:36 PM and friday the vets not answering, I know it's extremely my fault that I neglected to care more, but I just don't know what to do now, and stressed out
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

If you can phone another vets and get her seen there or take her straight to your normal vet
Wingedcross
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Wingedcross »

no luck, they aren't picking the phone, can't do anything but to wait until they open
KittyWitty
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by KittyWitty »

Your vet isn't open at 1.36pm in the afternoon? :?
Wingedcross
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Wingedcross »

._. small city, lazy people. I'm from a country where animals aren't cared for at all..we've rescued like 3 cats so far but..this one slipped out of my hands...
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Kay »

liquidize some food and see if you can get it into her mouth - she may have an injured mouth, or a tumour which stops her eating
Wingedcross
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by Wingedcross »

Already tried that by drenching my finger with yogurt, non flavored, and placing it by her lips, won't even open her mouth..
besides I'm so terrified to attempt feeding her again after what happened last time