Cat mating but still in heat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
powercat
New Cat Chatter

Cat mating but still in heat

Post by powercat »

Can anyone give me advice!
My cat is a femaleSiamese. She was in heat, on her 3rd day (sunday) we went to fix her with a Male himalayan around 5pm. They sent me a video of their stud session. However after 24 hrs. They already said that it was successful because they have 10-15rounds of session. So on Monday afternoon i came to pick her from the male cat. However when we got home, she is still in heat. Crying til dawn, rolling over and being too clingy. Today is Wednesday and she is still in heat. Should i call the owner of the male cat? Is it unsuccessful?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat mating but still in heat

Post by fjm »

Cats continue calling after mating, and will mate again with another male if they get the opportunity. If she starts another heat in a few weeks time she probably is not pregnant; if she doesn't she probably is.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Left to their own natural behaviour, mating would go on for several days with multiple males. The first few times trigger ovulation and do not normally result in pregnancy. Becoming pregnant does not instantly stop her being in heat, and she would normally have kittens from more than one father. That is why your female cat continues in heat.
powercat
New Cat Chatter

Post by powercat »

She is in her cage when she got home from the male cat.
Daniitaylor
New Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Daniitaylor »

Hey, I’m in the same predicament 🙄 did she get pregnant?
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joe_Danger »

This is normal
she is going to settle down when it becomes clear she got pregnant.