Cat urinating.

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Judethyer90
New Cat Chatter

Cat urinating.

Post by Judethyer90 »

I have 3 cats 2x 9 and 1x 10 year old. The 10 year old has taken to spraying the house and seeing in one certain spot. We’ve clenaed the carpets multiple times and still finds that same spot. I’ve tried to cover that spot with furniture but stills sprays. In that spot.
We’ve had feliways and natural remedies plug ins. We’ve had calming drops into the water.
She’s quite dominate towards the other two cats too which is causing the other 2 stress.
We’ve started to let her out to give the other two a rest for a few hours and they come out of their shells.

I’m really struggling to think what to do with next because I don’t want her in the house.

Help please.
+7Paper
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Cat urinating.

Post by +7Paper »

I hope you get an answer that solves your problem. Over the years I had two cats who sprayed a lot. Unlike yours they hit all over the house. Once, I had a desk with an antique lamp on it grouped with a lovely wedding gift oil painting from my SIL. the cat sprayed the picture! Like you, I tried everything and when nothing worked they lived out of the house. My house was in a quiet neighborhood and it had a garage. that's where they lived in warm comfort and access to outside. Not an ideal situation and the cats didn't receive all the the love they deserved but it was better than the alternative. speaking of which, when a family member had the same problem they put their cat to sleep. One of the cats lived to be 18 and the other to 21 !/2.
I didn't have your bullying situation. I feel terrible for your other two. they deserve a loving, safe, quiet home. My situation was a long time ago. You would think that there would be a solution by now.
cattitudes2
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Cat urinating.

Post by cattitudes2 »

Perhaps letting the older cat out more often is the best solution. Separating the younger two from the older cat seems the best bet. Giving the younger ones lots of TLC to try and help relieve their stress when the older cat is there. Also maybe giving the older cat some kind attention at the times she is being good and not peeing or bothering the younger two. I wonder if it would work to bring out toys to try and engage the 3 in playing at the same time? Difficult but maybe not impossible. Or giving treats to the 3 when they are together and not in trouble. If there is such a neutral moment, maybe offering treats and attention might help. What about separating the younger 2 from the older (separate rooms each with food, water, and litter box) when you are out of the house?