Kitten limping

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Winter123
New Cat Chatter

Kitten limping

Post by Winter123 »

My kitten is 10 weeks old, she is verrryyy bold and yesterday she jumped from the arms of my sofa and she hurt her front leg. She has been fine jumping up and down from my sofa but the arms are just a bit high for her at the moment I think so I try and stop her jumping from there but yesterday she attempted it and hurt her front leg, she was limping heavily for a couple of mins and it went away to the point now its only a very slight limp when she's running. She's still playing and wanting to run about as crazy as ever, she also doesn't seem in pain when I stroke her legs but do you think I should be worried? Or is this common and will go away all on its own?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Kitten limping

Post by fjm »

I would not worry unless it continues for more than a few days or gets worse. If you have a routine vet visit for vaccinations etc coming up it would be worth mentioning it just for reassurance, but as it is improving fast it sounds like a slight muscle strain rather than anything more serious. Perhaps a box or pile of cushions next to the sofa arm would help avoid her overdoing things while she is small - it can be hard to keep kittens from climbing and jumping!