Funny eating habit

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Funny eating habit

Post by papa cat »

I have 2 cats. Sometimes I use bowls, sometimes I use microchip cat feeders. If I use bowls, one cat often steals the other cats food so I started feeding them in different places (one in the hall and one in the lounge) so the greedy cat fills herself up from her own bowl and the other gets his fill from his own bowl before she steals it,
A couple of weeks ago I put his bowl (in the lounge) on the coffee table...I think I was cleaning the floor whilst he was eating so I moved it.
Now he will only eat if his bowl (or microchip feeder) is on the table !! Next thing he will be wanting a knife and fork :lol:

Anyone suggest how I can break this habit ?
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Funny eating habit

Post by Mollycat »

How sweet!

Reminds me of a friend of mine who has 2 dogs who have always been fed in bowls. One day her daughter's dog stayed and she was fed on a plate. Now one of her own dogs refuses his food in a bowl and insists on a flat plate too.

Do you really have to break the habit? If he feels much more secure away from his greedy housemate, maybe it's a good thing? Is there some other high up place you would be willing to let him eat?
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: Funny eating habit

Post by papa cat »

Ah ! It hadn't occurred to me that he was feeling more secure than eating on the floor, I was thinking it was an irrational habit I had caused :oops: