9 year old cat wont sleep after sedation

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
ziraldastar
New Cat Chatter

9 year old cat wont sleep after sedation

Post by ziraldastar »

my cat had to be sedated because he has a urination problem and needed to go through a small procedure. the thing is: since he came back from the clinic HE WON’T SLEEP. it’s been more than 24 hours he’s awake and i’m starting to freak out. he needs to sleep ffs.. can someone pls help me? he’s eating, drinking water, playing with me, peeing (not pooping though) but he’s not sleeping.. i haven’t been sleeping as well so i can keep an eye on him, in case he needs support or anything. im tired i need some sleep :(
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: 9 year old cat wont sleep after sedation

Post by fjm »

Make a small room cat safe and comfortable, put food, water, tray and a warm bed in there, put the cat in and shut the door. Then go to bed. He is probably on a bit of a high from the drugs, but you need to sleep, and at the moment you are probably each keeping the other awake. If he has been fine for the last 24 hours he is unlikely to suddenly worsen in the next few hours, and you can check on him every time you wake up. And if in doubt, talk to your vet, of course.