Cat recently got spayed but has developed habit of spraying on my bed. How to break this habit?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
sherry2020
New Cat Chatter

Cat recently got spayed but has developed habit of spraying on my bed. How to break this habit?

Post by sherry2020 »

Hey all.

Joining this forum as a last desperate hope to solve this issue. My 3 y/o Persian was spayed back in 2019, but sadly that vet left some ovarian tissue behind which caused her to continue showing symptoms of heat up until recently. Another vet diagnosed this issue and I had her operated on again last Saturday, 2nd Jan.
However, a few months ago she developed a habit of urinating near the right-hand corner near the headboard of a bed in my guestroom. Every time it was the exact same spot. Yesterday, I opened her from her carrier-cage to let her relieve herself and she side-stepped the litter tray and went straight to that spot and urinated there again. The vet says she's developed a habit of urinating there that needs to be broken and recommends around 10 days of restricting her from that bedroom. I have begun that, but am still worried it might not be enough. Is there any other way I could help break her habit?

All advice would be thoroughly appreciated. I'm at my wit's end at the moment.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Cat recently got spayed but has developed habit of spraying on my bed. How to break this habit?

Post by Cat-FAQ »

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s 'Toileting or Spraying Indoors' information page, this might help:
https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-t ... ay-indoors