Naughty Cat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Blue Wind
Frequent Cat Chatter

Naughty Cat

Post by Blue Wind »

Dappy is just over three years old and previously she has been a model cat, even living in a cage for over six weeks when she was injured. I am not sure if this might be to do with the with lockdown as we are at home, but she is being very difficult. She is jumping on work surfaces, on the dining table, leaping on to the bookshelves and has been launching herself onto the mantlepiece from the electric fire. Today my partner discovered that she had been nibbling electric cables, as a result he has spent the whole afternoon trying to reorganise the room so she cannot get to them.
She is a cat house and has been for since she had her attack nearly two years ago, she in very good health. We are feel anxious that she will break something in the house or more importantly harm herself.
Kaelin
New Cat Chatter

Re: Naughty Cat

Post by Kaelin »

Hi there, I was just wondering how often you have been playing with your cat? A lot of the behaviours you are describing are very common with a cat that is bored. Ideally your cat should be played with 3 times a day for 15 minutes at a time and given stimuli throughout the day (cardboard boxes, treat mazes etc.) To keep their hunter instincts from being let out on your house!
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Naughty Cat

Post by Kay »

would she not have been doing a lot of these things when you aren't there to see? I would suspect the only difference is that you are there to see her

have a google at 'wall platforms for cats' and look at the images for ideas on making your home safer and more exciting for her