My Cat Tiggee keeps sneezing

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Goobbee
Frequent Cat Chatter

My Cat Tiggee keeps sneezing

Post by Goobbee »

My 10 year orange tabby boy Tiggee has been sneezing for the past 2 days. There is some mild discharge from one nostril. He seems to sneeze more when he is picked up. Is this a problem? Thank you.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: My Cat Tiggee keeps sneezing

Post by Ruth B »

If in doubt it is always worth getting them checked by a vet, it could be nothing more than the cat equivalent to the common cold, or it could be the start of something more serious. Either way a trip to the vets is the best way to reassure yourself that nothing is wrong, or to get treatment early which could save money later on. I wouldn't say it was an emergency, just to try and get a normal appointment as soon as they can fit you in.
Goobbee
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: My Cat Tiggee keeps sneezing

Post by Goobbee »

Thanks for your reply. He seems a little better this morning so we cancelled a trip to the vet because it is so stressful for him. The vet will phone us later today and we will discuss it. One of our other little cats is now showing similar symptoms so maybe it is a cold as you say. Take care.