Corn cob cat litter

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Kemo2017
New Cat Chatter

Corn cob cat litter

Post by Kemo2017 »

Hi everyone,

I'm Kareem from Egypt.
I'm interested in cat litter manufacture from corn cob since we have a plenty of useless corn cob.

Does anybody expert in this kind of litter or cat litter expert
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Corn cob cat litter

Post by Ruth B »

I'm certainly no expert on it, but I have been using it for a couple of years. I used to use a clay based clumping litter, but changed to a corn kernel based one (which is what I think you are talking about) due to it making use of the waste corn kernels, being biodegradable, and generally more environmentally friendly. I've been very pleased with it, it clumps almost as well as the clay based one did, and doesn't glue itself to the sides of the tray anywhere near as badly. It is good at keeping the odours down although it does have a corn scent to it which takes a little getting used to, but in my mind its better than all the scented litters.

All I can say is that if you are considering trying it, give it a go. i would suggest setting up multiple trays, one of the old litter, one of the new and one with a mix in, so your cat has a chance to get use to it at their own pace.