meds online

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
simba86
Frequent Cat Chatter

meds online

Post by simba86 »

hello, all
is there a reliable, recommended reasonably priced place online where one can buy cat meds? My vet prescribed some meds for my cat that was close to £200 and looking around online with someone click research, they are significantly cheaper, he seemed a bit taken aback when i asked for a written prescription to buy online- i understand they need to make money, but they seem to cover their bases with that by charging 20+£ for a written prescription.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: meds online

Post by booktigger »

I've used a couple in the past, when I had a cat with hyper-t, the vet very kindly did me a 3 month prescription so I got more for the prescription cost. Think my friend currently uses PetDrugs online, my vet charges about £15 (ironically last time I had to get a prescription from my vet, I went to Boots with it, as my cat is on a human medication!)
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

I use Pet drugs online for all our special foods, non-prescription meds and bug blasters. Molly's potassium I get direct from the manufacturer which the vet told me would need a script for £15 but they don't, actually, so I pay just under £15 including postage instead of the vet's £32. The product is identical, even comes in the same tub.

As far as I'm aware what the vets are doing is the same as doctors did before there was an NHS free at point of delivery for all, doctors would charge a consultation fee plus a prescription fee and then the pharmacist would charge you for the drugs. Animals don't have an NHS. Remember it's not so much a matter of needing to make money, there's the years of training, premises, staff, equipment, all the pro bono work they do for wildlife and feral pets and the cut-price work they do for animal shelters.

That said I'm completely with you when I see they have literally doubled the price.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

I have used Viovet in the past, with a vet prescription - the advantage with these online vet pharmacies is that you can deposit the prescription with them and then simply order repeat meds

my vet is good about giving prescriptions, as they know I don't have a car and can't get to them easily - I suggest you use a similar type argument rather than the truth that you want to save money
Sandra b
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by Sandra b »

I use Animed Direct and find them a great company and very reasonably priced. They are also very helpful on phone as I called before I placed my first order. My prescription is £21 from vet which isn’t cheap but still save around £8 on my metacam for my cat.
simba86
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by simba86 »

thank you all, i appreciate your suggestions and will look into all