Re: Severe cat cystitis in my 7 year old male cat, been going on for 2 months now help!any1

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Pamela campbell
New Cat Chatter

Re: Severe cat cystitis in my 7 year old male cat, been going on for 2 months now help!any1

Post by Pamela campbell »

Has anybody got any ideas of what I can do??, please read my post with same heading 2 days ago
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Can you get to a different vet?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

I think if you cannot afford to see a different vet, and the PDSA have said there is nothing more they can do, your options are extremely limited. You could try cat charities, but they are likely to be in financial difficulties themselves. You could ask the PDSA vet whether a longer course of antibiotics, or a different combination, might be effective. Could you afford to repay a loan, recognising that treatment might prove expensive, and still not make a difference?
ShamG
New Cat Chatter

Post by ShamG »

Hello, hello
I am new on here and saw this post. My boy, Coffee (6 and half) had cystitis in Jan this year. Horrible time for both of us..hes ended up having perineal urethrostomy surgery in Feb and yes, it was very expensive....
Epsom-cat-lady
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Epsom-cat-lady »

My sweet 19 year old is deff, has kidney & thyroid problems.
She had a water infection as few weeks back & the vet recommended
Feliway cystease
it has really relaxed her & has great reviews.
£12 pets at home or about £8.60-£10.00 including postage on eBay
Good luck 🐾🐾
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I get my cystease from Amazon using subscribe and save, full price is £6.99 including postage if you have prime, I get 15% discount so only pay £5.94. They do currently have a discount if you buy 4