Help! Rash on kitten.

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
peachiecat
New Cat Chatter

Help! Rash on kitten.

Post by peachiecat »

My 9 month old kitten is having what I believe is an allergy issue.

Sorry for the long story but I am so worried about my sweet girl!

About a month ago I noticed a couple areas of sparse hair on her side. I then noticed her belly had a red irritated rash. I immediately called her vet and but by the time got her in she had over groomed by the base of her tail and was scratching at her ears. I had switched her from her Royal Canin wet food to a cheaper Purina canned food about two weeks prior so I switched her right back just in case. The vet gave me an antibiotic and flea medication though she couldn’t find evidence of fleas. Peachie finished the antibiotics and got the flea meds but was scratching bloody sores on her face so I took her back in the next week. Vet gave her a steroid shot. The steroids helped her face sores and tail sore heal but did nothing for the stomach rash. I’ve been using Duoxo on her belly but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. The vet recommended a prescription Royal Canin venison food. Peach has been on the canned venison for a week but the kibble hasn’t arrived yet. She started to itch her face again so I took her back in. Vet checked a skin sample for mites or other problems but found nothing. She gave her more antibiotics and more steroids. I will be calling a dermatologist vet tomorrow to see if I can bring her in.
I have not changed detergents or cleaning products and I use those very sparingly in my home anyways. No other pets. I’ve switched her to a respiratory relief litter. She doesn’t go outside off the front porch.
Any suggestions? Also I can’t figure out how to attach a picture!

Long story short- a month of belly rash and itchy sores on face and tail. Has been to the vet three times. Please help!