14 year old cat new, mysterious nose wound won't heal.

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
2020stephanie
New Cat Chatter

14 year old cat new, mysterious nose wound won't heal.

Post by 2020stephanie »

My mom's 14 year old cat has always had ear problems that have gone undiagnosed. My mom is convinced that the cats from the past and this cat has suffered from yeast infections in the ears with no luck in a diagnosis from any vet over the years. They've always written it off as mites and prescribed as such, with no healing even with past cats. Note this old guy is getting a wound on his nose that will not heal. The vet couldn't tell her what it was and referred her to cat dermatologist she cannot afford and sent her off. The cat, butterscotch, also has abcess gums and his eyes are now being affected as well. His mouth drools blood, his eye sometimes leaks blood, his nose won't heal (the nose has started and progressed pretty fast over the last 3 weeks). My mom is convinced that the nose wound is alerrgy related but I think it could be squamous cell carcinoma since we live in the desert and he loves to be outside. We're going to another local vet tomorrow and we're not sure what to expect, is this the end of the road for butterscotch or are there things that we can survive surgically specifically ask about . He hasn't had any water in 4 days but is still eating and is just seeking attention from anyone who will love him. I'm trying to share pictures of his nose and his ear/head scabs but I am having a hard time and will post them once i've figured it out. Sorry guys